Friday, July 31, 2009

Hot

I hate hot weather. I mean, I really, really hate it. I'm the red-haired (formerly red-haired?), pale-skinned type who can get sunburned watching "Lawrence of Arabia" on teevee. As Woody Allen said, I don't tan; I stroke. When it gets over eighty, I start to wilt. If I do anything very active, I get dizzy and nauseous. You can probably tell where this is going. It has been hot in Seattle this week. I've had a migraine for two days; the heat also does that to me. Wednesday, it got to 104˚ (that's 40˚ anywhere else in the world). I think that's an all time high for Seattle, beating out 103˚ in 1939. Clever Wife, another red-head; the cats,trapped in fur coats; and I spent the day laying on the floor whimpering and feeling betrayed. This is Seattle, it's supposed to cold and wet. I suppose this the cue for for all the solarphiles to jump into the comments and write, "not me! It can't get too hot for me!" Go ahead, but know I will hate you for it. I hate hot weather.

PS If an unseasonal snowstorm in March is all it takes to disprove global warming, this week should totally prove it and end the debate. So there.

No comments: