Monday, January 10, 2005

I'm innocent
Jeffrey Dubner at Tapped offers this:
Everybody wants to know: Who else Armstronged themselves for the administration? It's a rare suspicion that sets off both David Corn and Jonah Goldberg, so there's certainly an interest out there in airing any dirty secrets -- but somehow, I don't trust the White House or the many federal agencies to pursue this with particular vigor. (Imagine the administration's search for the Valerie Plame leaker, only lazier.)

No, this is the sort of task that can only be solved by one method: process of elimination. I'll start it off:
I swear that I have never taken money -- neither directly nor indirectly -- from any political campaign or government agency -- whether federal, state, or local -- in exchange for any service performed in my job as a journalist (or commentator, or blogger, or whatever you think I should be called).

I can take that pledge. But I would just like to point out that I'm extremely hurt no one even offered.

No comments: