Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Why do Coulter and Carlson hate America?
Bush is in Canada to "mend fences." Since he stays monotonously on message and his message is "I'll do whatever I want, but to show you what a big fellow I am, I'll let you help," I'm not sure how much good this will do our fences. That's just me. At least he's been less directly offensive than he is on most of his trips. Still, the official talking point for the week is that we've forgiven Canada and we're friends again.

Soulless right-wing pundits Ann Coulter and Tucker Carlson, who seem to have missed this week's talking points, spent last night ridiculing Canada and Canadians.
On FOX News Channel's Hannity & Colmes, Coulter said that Canadians "better hope the United States doesn't roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent." On CNN's Wolf Blitzer Reports, Carlson stated: "Without the U.S., Canada is essentially Honduras, but colder and much less interesting"; he went on to say that instead of following politics, "the average Canadian is busy dogsledding." And on Crossfire, Carlson referred to the "limpid, flaccid nature of Canadian society."

Such blatant undermining of the president's stated policies is the kind of America hating behavior that weakens our national will and emboldens our enemies. I am shocked -- shocked I tell you -- that cable news provides a forum for such odious treason.

No comments: